Sunday, April 29, 2007

about my hair

I have problems committing to a hair stylist. For a lot of years I had whoever I was living with cut my hair. Truly its hard to screw up. I have a lot of curl and if there is some length it isn't a big issue if it is dead on the same length, it balances out for the most part. While in Eureka, I had a lady I liked a lot. She was good, mostly she knew how to cut natural curl and I liked that. Being out of the country, its really a faith step to get a hair cut. Mostly I have a pony tail until I give up. In Africa I got a hair cut once from the local Italian woman everyone swore by. Gina had a mind of her own and my intended "trim" was a deep cut. I left a very unhappy customer and that was my only haircut in Africa. When I got back to the states I went a little nuts on the idea of reinventing myself. My hair was short. Crazy short and people were nice about it but I wasn't thrilled. That was Feb 2006. I haven't had a haircut since.

So as I was brushing into a pony tail this afternoon I was thinking about how I like my ponytail. I had short hair as a young girl and I think I'm living out by 6 year old desire to have a pony tail. Anyway I was thinking I could donate my hair. Some kid might like to have a little curl in their ponytail. So I got to looking at Locks of Love and what it takes to donate hair. I think I could do that. My girlfriend LeeLee donated hair a lot of years ago. She wanted a little girl to have a long pony tail so I think she was going for 14 or 16 inches. It was crazy long. I don't think I can do that but I could get to 10 inches. They say its ok if there is grey, they sort that out.

So this get me out of cutting my hair for awhile. I figure I have to grow some extra because what am I going to do if I cut off 10 inches of my hair and send it to Florida?

No comments: