Thursday, November 06, 2008

meal plan

This is way late in the week but I promise I wrote the meal plan, just didn't get a chance to sit at the computer a lot. We're doing thanksgiving on sunday the 9th so the meal plan revolves around me having no refrigerator space because there is a 6.4 kg turkey in it.

Menu Monday noon: Delicious Chicken Bits, Rice, Spicy Green Beans
Menu Monday pm: Leftover Beef Parmesan and noodles for the boys, my favorite Ramen for me
Menu Tuesday noon: Malai Kofta, Naan
Menu Tuesday pm: leftovers & take out pizza
Menu Wednesday noon: leftover Malai Kofta and Naan
Menu Wednesday pm: Oven BBQ Chicken, Baked Beans, Fries
Menu Thursday noon: leftover BBQ Chicken and Rice
Menu Thursday pm: Beef w/ Onion & Green Pepper, Malai Kofta and Naan
Menu Friday noon: Orik Arik & Fried Tempeh (delicious), Rice
Menu Saturday: Tuna Burgers, Mac N Cheese & Brocolli

Tuesday I had better plans but the meal plan was a bust. The Malai Kofta was a link I had found online and I was way excited about it. It took me 4 hours to make and was a complete cooking disaster. It tasted good, just I had to make so many modifications to the recipe it became a new thing. Way too much frustration! I'll be taking down the previous links. Especially the one for homemade Paneer. I simmered the milk for 3 hours and it finally turned to paste- nothing like cottage cheese. ERRRGGG! Then I had a student show up needing to talk about her univ. course work plan and reading her housing contract. So by time dinner came around there was monsoon like rain and we knew the electricity wouldn't last long so the pizza delivery boy got an extra tip for braving our street.

Turkey cooking starts on Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Gretchen Magruder said...

I'm gonna get started on my ethiopian cooking...Monday the girls are out of school, so we're headed to St. Louis to visit an Ethiopian restaurant....then I"ll have something to compare my experimenting to!!