Sunday, June 02, 2013

The things we do for health

Its remarkable the crazy lengths you can go to in the name of good health.  What I'm finding is that what used to be the crazy thing your aunt used to do because "I read it in reader's digest at the doctor's office", is now everywhere you turn on the internet.  Facebook, Pinterest, your good best friend's blog.  They're telling you all kinds miracle cleanses for your body.  You're taking a whole day to drink lemon juice and water for something about your kidney. Or is it the gall bladder.  I don't know but its supposed to be good for you.

So I was readding a week or so ago from a friend's post and cinnamon, turmeric and honey are supposed to be my new favorite superfoods.  Turmeric is supposed to lower my inflammation.  Honey and cinnamon do something but I forget what.  I've also been green smoothie-ing for awhile now too.  I've learned that beets really taste like dirt.  That's not a good/ bad judgement but a statement of true facts: Beets taste like dirt.  Like physically eatting dirt.  I'm ok with that.  They don't taste necessarily bad but I can taste the dirt. Answer: Honey and cinnamon.  So now in goes a great big shake of cinnamon in my morning smoothie. Cinnamon, turmeric, banana, spinach or kale, zuchini or pumpkin, beets or carrots, apple or pineapple, if i'm feeling loving and kind to my children, strawberries.  The pain in my hips and knees has gone away so I'm going to count it as a win.

Newest additions to the live forever diet: honey and green tea.  They're supposed to do something for you.  I don't remember what but it was a long list including things like blood pressure, inflammation etc- probably improve my memory for archaic dietary nonsense.  But I decided I enjoy green tea, provided it has honey.  I also found out green tea with jasmine is really nice too, even without honey.  Now my day includes an after lunch cup of tea.   

The gallbladder nonsnse I was having a problem with a few months ago seems to have taken care of itself with settling into a return to healthy eating lifestyle and chamomile tea.  Chamomile is going to help the bile and gall bladder something or other. 

I read some stuff.  Its pretty convincing and came from lots of sources but honestly, I feel like your crazy aunt who drinks apple cider vinegar (y'all, for serious, don't start with me on the health benefits of apple cider vinegar- its just too out there for me).  My nieces and nephew need a crazy aunt- they're surrounded by highly normal, creative, clever people so I'm happy to take the goofy title. 

No comments: