Thursday, June 16, 2005

reunions

Presently I'm wasting a little time online while I wait to see if Jonathan emails me back needing more grades for the university. Wasting time online isn't something I often get to enjoy because the server will typically kick me off. Thought I would check with the good folks at reunion.com and classmates.com to see if they would finally tell me anything about my 10 year high school class reunion. I joined these services in hopes of getting information about people I hadn't seen in 10 years. Little did I know that these services are only free in so much as to let you know that the people in you high school class are still on the planet. If you want to know more you have to pay them money. Of course I understand this, why would they provide this service if there wasn't some money in it. Its just annoying.

I really know where no one from my high school class is at or what they have made of their lives. I guess that isn't entirely true. Off the top of my head I can think of maybe 4 or5 people that I know where there at and what their job is. I'm just wondering. 10 years, I've been out of high school 10 years? Surely that isn't right. So if you are out there and graduated from Mattoon High School in Illinois in 1995, maybe I knew you once and I'm just curious what you are doing. I won't be able to go to a reunion, occupational hazard of living in africa I suppose, but I would like to know about people's lives.

2 comments:

shawanda said...

So I didn't graduate with you, but I do have a little info on Classmates and how they work their reunion stuff. My 10 year happened last October and it was totally talked about and planned on Classmates. They actually had a special section for it. I am by no means a paying member so I was surprised that I actually got to see details. I think it was only because our class president took it upon himself to post messages and things so everyone else would know what was going on and could comment/reply. Seriously, it was the only time I ever witnessed my graduating class communicate effectively. We didn't even have a senior class trip because of the lack of communication and organization that went on.

*Shawanda is now walking away mumbling . . .Darn class trip. . .

Unknown said...

OK class trip. What class trip? Do people still do that? No one invited me on no class trip? Stinking class trip...I thought they did that in like 1972, I didn't know I was entitled to one now.

Amanda walks away ticked off and thinking about thinking about cursing her class and their stinking class trip.