Monday, September 19, 2005

cleaning finish

Last few weeks have passed quite quickly. Getting things in their final locations after all of the collecting and moving of the summer. Jonathan tackled the upstairs and I laid into the office. Sounds like inequality doesn't it? but our office was a wrecking ground. Presently the shelves are even in logical order. @ like to attack the bottom two shelves and so there contents is empty 2 ring binders. Two nice things came out of this moving about: 1) we now have a 2 drawer file cabinet!! We've wanted and needed one for quite sometime but it wasn't possible. The 2 drawer file cabinets here are all over a 200USD and we just didn't think we could part with that for a file cabinet. But when our friends left we convienently borrowed/ purchased theirs. Yay, the paper is now safe from @ hands and dust (which curiously seems to ride together). 2) Jonathan bought us a satellite dish with desktop computer. Now Jonathan has a computer and I have one and we don't have to try to make time to be on or off. I've gotten a ton of stuff done in the last week. And the other out of this world thing, the satellite dish gets American programs. I get to watch the ABC early morning news around noon here. I completely love knowing what is going on in the world again. Its my new favorite thing. We have also managed so far (please pray) to not become complete tv junkies. I watch the news and do some business work. After @ goes to bed we check what is on for the evening, we have actually shut it off and read books. This is good news so far.

At this moment I was hoping to post a picture but the blog this icon on the toolbar doesn't seem to have that feature. Hmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my lovely amanda-
i knew it was going to be hard to read ur entries. :) but i love it. i will start checking much more regularly. i love hearing about things. really! so excited about ur friend gettin to reunited with her son :-D wow. also excited to hear that you get to have some contact with the outside world via satelite. :) i love having visuals painted of Atticus clearing the shelves, the familiar 2-ring binders, the view of the ladies next door from the "plus one," and Atticus's reaction to "no." aawwwww
ok, i will be back. i promise. and I will write more. I have some of my pics online. (that's the link w/ my email.) and i think i might start a blog on xanga. right. ok... did i mention that i miss you? i don't like having to try and fit in by "shutting off" this part of me. i present at home on oct 13. think about it for me, will u?
sorry for the randomness! ~Jenn~