Friday, April 21, 2006

let's talk about purses

Boys you can still read this but we're going to enter into a topic that really concerns the whole family: the purse/luggage/ bag/tote that the lady of the family carries to keep the family running. If you want to call it a purse fine, but let's get down to brass tacks and face it for what it really is. @ and Jonathan would be destitute on the street if I didn't have my "purse".

Now we're looking at doing so extended travel again and I'm needing more than a purse but less than a 30" pullman. Something like a messenger bag. That could hold wipes, diaper or two, PDA, mobile, wallet, passports, camera, maybe a little water bottle. Anyone carrying one of these at the present? Attach some links to your comments if there are places online to order one. I have my eye on a model from LL Bean but want to see what others are thinking.

2 comments:

Jake T said...

I have a killer man purse w/ Chairman Mao on it, straight from China. It's just a tiny bit small, though.

In the 60s they were standard issue schoolbags. It rules.

Gretchen Magruder said...

Sorry Amanda...I've got nothing...chessa's the one you should probably talk to in the family and I don't think she reads blogs!!
I was always a fan of the backpack when we traveled with babies...something of the nylon variety so it was easily washable...