Sunday, September 09, 2007

We have a few days off after every unit of language. The idea is to give the head a little rest to catch up and let the language we have sink in and fall into use. During our breaks its like a mini school break when you were a kid, five million great plans that you want to accomplish. Problem is that instead of having 2 months we have 5 days. Inevitably I have a million great plans but only get to about 2 of them. The list for this unit:

- take a few days of vacation in 1 city
- go with Jonathan to look for jobs in the city on ocean where we are moving (this is non-negotiable and must be done)
- sleep in
- make big complicated Indian meals
- explore the market, buy some fruit I've never had before (there is lots of that here)
- post pictures
- find a few books in the local language online
- catch up on financials
- catch up on the inventory
- visit with friends at the new church we're going to
- make a cold brew coffee system (my friend jake makes his own shoes, I want to make my own coffee brewer)
- scrapbook the first 6 months of our time here (yeah, pathetic for someone who believes themselves to be "avid")
- print pics for said scrapbook project (to my credit, @'s mini book is way up to date)
- start calendars for christmas gifts, more picture printing
- begin making christmas cards
- watercolor (something I have found I really enjoy)
- finish reading the book of John in the local language (i'm on chapter 7 or 8)
- review the material for the next unit

That should about do it. I have 5 days off. How do you think the list is going to work out?

3 comments:

Jake T said...

hmm...I'm curious about this cold coffee brewer thingy. I think I could do the same with my nalgene french press overnight?

I'll have to look into this...

Anonymous said...

I think that you could probably get all of that done, you just need to make copies of yourself and send them out into the world.

Anonymous said...

Did you make it through the earthquakes and tsunami warnings? I'm assuming yes because you have a post on your photo blog dated today.