Sunday, September 16, 2007

mother nature and natural disasters

Many have emailed and been checking in at our blog following recent developments from mother nature. We're fine. We're pretty far away from the action. What's funny, odd more than funny, is that in this part of the world it doesn't take a huge development to effect 4 or 5 countries. The 2004 Tsunami effected this region, I don't know how many countries were effected/ devestated but certainly it was more than 3. I think its hard in the US to understand what the word "country" means. It has nothing to do with size. The US happens to be a big country, both in physical size and actual number. India is a large country but the size of it is disproportionate to the number of people. Russia is physically huge, but doesn't have a comparable population. I beginning to believe that Australia may be huge in terms of land area but because of their crazy geography (the middle of Australia has nothing in it) they don't really have that many people. I don't mean to be a geography smarty pants but I was just mulling this over as I was reading some of our thoughtful emails.

I have more to say about this. Mother Nature is really something and we learn that more all of the time. I'll save it for another post though. Suffice it to say, we are fine.

1 comment:

litebrite2 said...

So glad all is well.