Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Meals for the week

Normally on mondays I grocery shop at about 10am and I get home in time to put away groceries and pick up @ from school. Monday noon is KFC day at our house because I don't have time to prep anything else. I throw rice in the cooker, and open a can of baked beans when we get home while @ is getting dressed.

Menu- Monday noon KFC, Rice, Baked Beans, Fruit
Menu- Sweet Potato Quesadillas with shredded carrots and homemade salsa
Menu- Ful, Pita, Feta, Eggs
Menu- Chicken with Ramen Noodles, Carrots, Green Beans
Menu- BBQ Tempeh and Roasted Potato
Menu- Indian Hamburger Kebabs, Naan, Brocolli
Menu- Tomato Cheese Onion Melt with leftover chicken slivers from the ramen noodles
Menu- Potato Kugel and Apple slices
Menu- KFC chicken and leftover potato kugel, sweet corn

I've found that shredding carrots is an awesome way to put more veg into a meal. I don't lie about food though, I tell the boys its in there and they don't care. People aren't afraid of vegetables until you go trying to hide it from them

No comments: