Monday, March 16, 2009

Meal Plan

I just got back from my language lesson with my neighbor. Its the most terrible time because we both spend half of it thinking of dinner. 5p.m. is just not the right time for her but I think she sort of enjoys teaching me. Today we got side tracked to national food. Over the last few months we've taken to trading off food. I bring her whatever over sugared dessert that comes out of my kitchen and she returns the favor by bringing me an extra portion of her dinner. I've had some of the nicest fried chicken and sour veg soup, and she knows I have a little thing for fried tempeh (the best way to make a good for you food unhealthy). Today I brought her peanut butter cake with chocolate crunch topping (her son's eyes rolled back in his head). She gave me BakMoy (some chicken, prawn, tofu soup conncoction-very nice). Anyway all of this to say, she explained a recipe for me today for Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) and that maybe pre-empting the menu at some point.

Monday noon: Roasted Chicken and Roots (picked up a fun new root from the store just for this)
Monday p.m.: leftover roasted roots
Tuesday noon: Spinach Quiche, Pumpkin Pie
Tuesday p.m.: Chicken Kebab (Sate), Rice, Steamed Veg
Wednesday: Tuna Burgers, Glazed Carrots, Applesauce
Thursday : Gado-Gado, Krupuk (crackers), Rice
Menu: Veg Curry w/ Chickpeas, Naan,
Menu: Beans in Coconut Milk, Rice
Menu: Soto Ayam

From the Oven:
Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Crunch topping (i visited an import store)
Pumpkin Pie (leftover pumpkin from the freezer), making it special for my English students
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies- @'s school snack

No comments: