Monday, April 13, 2009

Meal Plan

This week promises to be a better week. It has to be. Jonathan went to immigration on Monday and walked out 30 minutes later with a letter for a 30 day extension. Its not stamped into our passports and he didn't pay anything so we are going on that being enough.

With the promise of a more stable week, I have a meal plan that I think we can actually achieve.

Monday noon: Fried Chicken, Rice, Sour Stir Fry Veg (a translation)
Tuesday noon: Baked Potatoes and Chicken Chili
Menu: Refried Beans, Tortillas, Shredded Carrots, Lettuce/ Spinach, Salsa
Menu: Pumpkin Soup, Oven Bread,
Menu: Brocolli Quiche, Fruit Pie
Menu: Coconut Beans and Rice
Menu: Guiness Beef Stew, Biscuits
Menu: Hummus, Feta Cheese, Pita, Grapes

I have a 5kg bag of whole wheat flour that I'm working my way through, thus the breads. Jamie Oliver made this awesome, easy looking Pumpkin Soup on one of his shows the other day and just yesterday he made an oven bread, naan kind of thing that looked mouth watering. We're giving those a whirl this week and if i can find a recipe link I'll update it. Otherwise its me flying from memory.

By the way, Jamie Oliver, kind of love him.

1 comment:

Gretchen Magruder said...

glad to hear the immigration issue is good for now...whew!! Great to "see" you on Sunday!!