Monday, August 31, 2009

Meal Plan 31 August 2009

I found whole wheat flour in the store the other day. I suspect its due in large part to the holiday season so I bought several bags. Maybe I create demand… not holding my breath though on that one. I have been finding good fruits in the market and so many of our breakfasts have gone back to fruit, yogurt and granola/cereal. That's just who we are I guess.

Breakfasts

Pancakes, Biscuits, Cereal & Yogurt, Waffles, French Toast (renamed Roman Toast from our homeschooling lesson)

Lunch/ Dinner

Monday noon- Beef with Spinach

Tuesday noon- Vegetable Croquettes & Sesame Spinach Salad (from Extending the Table)

Menu: Ful, Naan, Hard boiled Egg, feta cheese (if I can find it)

Menu: Vegetable Adobo w/ Chicken, Rice (from Extending the Table)

Menu: Chili with beans and ground chicken

Menu: Butternut Harvest Stew, Biscuits & Honey (from Simply in Season)

Update on the Brownie Throw Down

My friend Becky gave me her recipe. She promised, promised, promised it was fudgy chewy. She wasn't lying. I only used half the chocolate (its what I had on hand) and still fudgy chewy goodness. Here's her recipe:

Becky's Fudgy Chewy Brownies

Melt Together:    

2 C Chocolate Chips (I used semi sweet baking chocolate bars- its what you can find here)

1/2 C butter

Allow to cool.

In a separate bowl, mix together:

2 C Sugar

4 Eggs

Then Add chocolate and mix. Add

2 C Flour

1Tbsp Vanilla

Pour into greased 13x9 bake 30 minutes at 350F/ 180C/Gas 4

No comments: