Monday, September 14, 2009

Meal Plan- the extended edition

Over the last month we've been stocking up everyday things. Extra boxes of milk, flour, sugar, housecleaning items, cereal, canned goods etc. Yesterday I went to the stored armed with a list for meats, cheese, yogurt that will get us through the next 2 weeks hopefully without a desperate return. I think we'll be good till some of the crowds clear out around the 27th. I need to go to a neighborhood grocery and buy ground beef. I still try to make bike trips to the market for fruits, veg, and eggs. Not sure what the action at the market will be like after Sunday. My guess is it'll still have some sellers during the holiday. The holiday should be Monday, Tuesday and maybe Wednesday.

Breakfast

"Healthy Breakfast" (Granola, Fruit, Yogurt), Whole Wheat Waffles, Pancakes, Oven Baked Oatmeal, Biscuits, Singin' Hinnies

Lunch/ Dinner

Monday: Orange Chicken, Rice, Snap Peas

Tuesday: Spinach Bacon Quiche

Wednesday: Chicken Pot Pie, Mashed Potatoes

Menu: Mexican Rice & Beans

Menu: Beef w/ Onion & Green Pepper, Naan

Menu: Veg Curry, Naan

Menu: Ham & Spinach Pizza (if I can get the yeast to be yeasty)

Menu: Smothered Pork, leftover Veg Curry, Naan

Menu: Veg Fried Rice, Lumpia (if I can find someone selling it, probably not a problem)

From the Oven

Apple Pie for my neighbor, Apple Crisp for my house, Date Bread for the other neighbors, Brownies, Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments: