Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"nesting" and why I don't really believe in it

Tomorrow is my technical "due date" for baby. But I don't believe in due dates either. No one really delivers on their due date or at least very few. And I'm no exception to the rule. Tomorrow's my due date but we're going to have to see a lot of action for that to happen.

I don't believe in nesting either. I haven't been nesting. Jonathan suggested I might be and he was greeted with scorn. Its not nesting to put away the laundry. Thousands of people do that everyday. Its not nesting to realize that your floor hasn't been swept in awhile and someone should really get on that before your family shows up. My sister came from New Orleans last weekend and it occured to me that maybe she could sleep on fresh sheets- not nesting, hospitality. My mom is planning on coming to stay with @ for a few days while I'm at hospital, should I clean out the fridge of the scary stuff? Basic human kindness, not nesting. I ad matched and couponed at Target for a morning for the toilet paper, paper towels, detergent, soap, etc. I know Jonathan doesn't really want to do that (he would if I asked) and maybe I don't want to take newborn 35 minutes into Indianapolis to do that job. Not nesting, just getting life done. The fact that all of these things happen to fall within the same week might lend itself towards nesting but it has more to do with the fact that I've taken sometime off doing those jobs previously and really needed to get back on the stick.

So tomorrow, when you hear that I've cleaned the bathroom, picked up a stack of papers or mopped the floor, let's chalk it up to deciding not to be that scary hoarder person you see on TV, not so much nesting.

No comments: