Tuesday, May 17, 2005

W

I have a houseworker. It's something that took me a while to accept but it's necessary. W is a wonder. She works from 2-6 and normally doesn't get in until 2:30. This is fine because for the most part I don't fill her time. She does odds and ends and for the most part is a terrific gift. Monday nights she watches @ and does a bit of cleaning while Jon & I go to a meeting. I have taught her some recipes and found that she loves cooking. I try to show her something and then let her show me the same thing a few days later. Then I have her do it all by herself. She responds well to correction. Leaving @ with W is terrific. I didn't go through a long interview process and I honestly forgot about leaving emergency numbers. @ is still small and so there aren't alot of worries. He's getting more mobile all the time but W's ability to handle him is increasing too. Last night we came home and our babysitter was reading the Bible. How jealous are all of you with kids? Last week we came home and she had made oatmeal cookies.

1 comment:

Gretchen Magruder said...

When I started babysitting, my mom instilled the idea that part of my job was to clean things up while I was there....the idea of leaving dishes in the sink or toys on the floor wasn't acceptable.....

It's rare for me to find a sitter who does those things....I had one who loved to bake at my house (which was something I didn't mind as long as she left some goodies with us!!)...but she would leave my kitchen a mess, too!!

sigh....

back in my day...

Our good friend Apryl just bought a house a few blocks from us, and honestly, my first thought when she told me was "yea! her daughter is a great babysitter!!"

It just isn't easy getting good help these days...