Sunday, July 17, 2005

goings on

The month of July we expected to be quite busy. My mom is here. We're doing some seminars and month long camps. There is travel that would need to be done. But July 1st threw us for a loop and it is only just now that I am taking a morning of down time. Me time (where did I here that from?) Oh that's right, the lady on wife swap last summer while we were in the states. Don't know if you remember this lady but she had "me time" everyday from like 7-7 everyday and then she would give her kids and husband a little time. Most of her day consisted of shopping, exercising and doing her own things. Don't worry I'm not talking about making this a daily thing, I'm just talking about enjoying the cup of coffee and finishing it before I get out the door.

Anyway in my preparation for R&R, I remembered that Harry Potter is out. I'm all excited and I probably won't actually get the book for another month. The B&N people kindly informed me via email that the book is winging its way here now via international airmail, which I have paid handsomely for. Mostly this is for Shawanda and Karen (who LJ I can't post on because they say my IP is a spammer, that just ain't right), please don't give away anything. At least let me know at the beginning of your posts so that I don't read on. Jonathan and I are going to be reading together when it comes and Jonathan is notorious for falling asleep when the good parts come.

All for today. My "me time" begins with nursing @ and doing mom things. Then my "me time" will include taking my boy on a stroller ride and making lunch for guests. This is how I choose to spend my "me time". No shopping and spending lots of money for me.

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hey, I resent that. I hardly ever fal...zzzz zzzz zzzz...

shawanda said...

Don't worry about me spoiling the book for you two (or anyone else who might want to read it). I will not be posting anything about the contents of the book on my blog. But when you guys are done reading it, I would definitely like to know your thoughts. Right now it is killing me because I have just finished reading the entire book and John has only started. Can't talk with him about anything either.

Steph H. said...

The only episode of wife swap I ever saw was the one you speak of . . . I was troubled beyond words by that lady's shinanigans. (I'm sure I just misspelled that word but I think it's the first time I've ever written it.) During my "Me time," I love folding towels. I love the way they all looked when they are stacked and color coded in my linen closet. Strange, but true. Oh and the boys and I are going to the park today for some "me time."

Unknown said...

For the record: My "me time" on Monday was a complete flop. I have to get better at it. I'm giving it another try today. I ended up doing laundry and fretting over water.

And Karen and Shawanda are to be commended. Karen has a very kind spoiler tag that you have to purposely hit (which I won't be doing although I really want to). Thank you both.

Unknown said...

Indeed, Tammy, I do. So much so that I brought 3 or 4 hymnals with us here. The fruit of all these years of hymnal flipping is that I now pray in hymns. They are my thoughts but sometimes people catch me singing hymns for prayer.