Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I've been meaning to sit and write somethings that are just general snapshots of what is going on here the last few weeks.

I finished reading "Cry The Beloved Country" sometime last week. Terrific book. Really rather made missed Africa, which is not helpful this time of year. I would like to say for the record that Oprah really does have some good books on that list of hers. I didn't read it because Oprah told me too, I read because I hadn't read it and its on that list of "books I was supposed to read before I went to college" (a list which is entirely too long). So in case I go back to college again I'll be ready with the books I was supposed to read.

@ has taken to reverse smelling. That is the only way I can describe it. He gets up in my face and blows through his nose on me. Its really hilarious and I have no idea why he started it.

We've been getting rain. Saturday evening was a night rain leaving it cooler for our walk up to church. Monday afternoon we got more rain, thankful it didn't really let loose until after I got home from school. Then yesterday afternoon/last night after a nearly hot day we had rain from 3:00p.m. to 6:30pm. We lost power around 4:15 and it didn't come back on until about 6:00. So thankful for the gas stove and the dinner I put away in the fridge over the weekend. Also I have a headlamp flashlight. Some might use it for cave diving or other nonsense of that sort, but not me. Its great to cook with when the power is off. so handy.

right now our neighborhood dog is in a stalemate with a lizard akin to an iguana. Really wants to attack the lizard but can't quite get up the nerve with the lizard hissing and changing colors. Very difficult decisions lie ahead for the Bell (the neighborhood dog).

1 comment:

Gretchen Magruder said...

I like the visual of you cooking with the spotlight on your head....