Monday, November 19, 2007

Defender of the peace

My husband has something like the patience of Job. He nearly never gets angry and yells. I like this about him because I'm not so pleasant.

Yesterday afternoon the school that is being built across the street got their delivery of 5 cement trucks right around 4:30 in the afternoon. We could tell this wasn't the plan because the guys are like clockwork, start working at 7a.m. and end promptly 5 p.m. So we knew that 5 cement trucks and 4:30 was not part of the plan for these guys. But when the cement is mixed something has to be done with it. So they continued working on laying the cement up into the roof of the new building (I'll get pics up in the next day or so). So we knew it was going to be a long night. At 7:30 they were still going strong but it was time for @'s bed. Thinking the noise would stay consistent if not also loud we didn't worry too much. Actually we were more concerned for their safety because they were working by like 2 flashlights on the roof of a building. But at 9:30 these guys backed out the high cement hose and started cleaning it out on the side of our road, literally 10 ft from our front door. The pitch and timbre kept going up and finally Jonathan went out and fussed at them. Immediately they stopped and drove off. Silence prevailed in the neighborhood. That's my husband the all powerful over neighborhood noise.

That and he killed a huge roach for me last night too. Tell me if he's not bringing the sexy back.

2 comments:

beegracious said...

Stacy trapped our first mouse of the season the other night. Amazing what that does for my level of respect although I'm very glad that's the only "hunting" he does.

litebrite2 said...

We found an 18 inch rat in our window well a few weeks ago. Yes, a rat. So pleased to think about that type of creature lurking in my backyard. We've got to get out of the slums!