Monday, October 06, 2008

Ice cream for dinner you say...

Oh yes I do. Every now and again we have ice cream for Sunday night dinner. Generally sunday night is reserved for popcorn, cheese and apple slices but yesterday night I deemed a "special occasion" (we've been on holiday all week) and we had ice cream. Now mind you I didn't come up with this idea on my own. The More With Less Cookbook (for which you will find a link over to the right) suggested it. There theme is "homemade" ice cream and that everyone in the family would crank and "Good celebration for a hot day". According to More with Less
Ice cream is not a suitable food on which to base frequent meals because of
sugar and fat content. But for those with a cheap source of dairy
products, it makes a good celebration. Why not let it be the meal instead
of adding its calories to already satisfied stomachs?

Well that was all the encouragement I needed. I suspect "cheap source of dairy" means I have a cow. I don't have a cow literally but I think if you asked around you would find sometimes I do. And I'm going with the adding calories line. I hate adding calories to my already satisfied stomach.

So we ate our ice cream with apple slices. Normally I throw on granola and bananas. Last night @ asked for dessert after eating his ice cream so he got a plate of crackers and cheese.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like good eatin' to me. I think I like your philosophy on dinner.