Thursday, October 09, 2008

Sorry for the loss

My friend Tanya and I met in NEA some years ago. Intermittently she would come and be my down the street neighbor. Life has taken us different directions over the last few years but still I follow her life quite avidly. She's Canadian and, while we've made our peace with that, I've come to learn that Canadians are just crazy folks. At least that's what it seems like to me. And they are everywhere. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Canadian. Well in the true spirit of crazy Canadians, Tanya told the story of her friend that had decided to Bike West Africa. On a bicycle, peddled by his legs. So that is both hard core and crazy. So I clicked around and found her friend Steve who sounded just about as crazy as any other Canadian and big hearted as well. I was entranced by his blog because he's one of those people that dream big and do the things they dream and I respect that a lot. Jonathan and I talked about biking africa and all number of crazy other dreams but still I know we will never do those things. Well Tanya just posted that Steve had an accident while biking West Africa and he went home to be bike with God. And here is a person I've never met but I know that heaven just got to be a more fun, bikeable place.

No comments: