Monday, February 23, 2009

Meal Plan

This week we're going to celebrate our own Mardi Gras of Food. My sister lives in NOLA and our visits there are normally a time when I beg Jonathan to take me to another restaurant. Its one of my favorite places to eat. What I would really like to have is a Shrimp PoBoy but alas I have neither the bread nor the fryer so that will have to wait.

Monday noon: BBQ Tempeh and Baked Potatoes
Tuesday noon: Creole Red Beans and Rice (I can't buy real sausage products here so the beef variety will just have to be good enough)
Wednesday noon: Chicken Jumbalaya and Rice (its a concoction of Extending the Table and Emeril)
Thursday noon: Spaghetti and Garlic Bread
Friday noon: Tandoori Chicken Breast, Rice, Spinach
Menu: Indian Beef and Spinach, Naan

Food of love:
Banana Halva- someone gave me 2 full hands of bananas, crazy!
King Cake- most likely without the baby and the wrong color sprinkles. I can't find either.

No comments: